The purpose of this assignment is to implement communication strategies for delivering negative news.
Select one of the following scenarios:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- You have failed a course in your program major and you have been notified by the financial services office that you will be suspended from playing your collegiate sport and you may lose your university scholarship. Draft a professional email notifying your coach of the news.
- You are a sales team manager at GCU and your department has just notified you that a new technology is being implemented in the workplace. This software is a management and time tracking tool that provides an efficient and transparent view of work tasks and current clients. The current software the department is using is being discontinued which will require a manual migration of data from the old system to the new system. This is a very time intensive and challenging migration; it will require change and new training. Draft a professional email to your team notifying them of the news and try to get buy-in for this new technology.
- You are moving on to different professional horizons and you must notify your supervisor that you will be resigning your current job position. The timing is inconvenient as you have been groomed for a management position. Draft a professional email that notifies your supervisor of the news.
- You are a student that recently failed a high stakes assignment due to a misunderstanding. You are disputing the grade you received on the assessment and you have decided to email your professor. Draft a professional email to your instructor.
Write a 100-250 word email responding to the scenario. Your email should have a subject or title line that is consistent with the content of the message. Incorporate the conventions related to delivering negative news by including the following elements:
- Buffer statement
- Reasons for the situation or decision
- Negative news
- Suitable or desired resolution
- Respectful closing
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.