· Reading Assignments for this week:
Chapter 16 – Margaret Newman – Theory of Health Expanding Consciousness
Chapter 17 – Madeleine Leininger’s – Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Chapter 18 – Jean Watson’s – Theory of Human Caring
Let’s discuss who are the presenting theorist for this week.
Who is Margaret Newman? What is her Theory of Health Expanding Consciousness?
· Website Link: Nursing Theory: HEALTH AS EXPANDING CONSCIOUSNESS
· Article Link:Margaret Newman’s Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness and a Nursing Intervention from a Unitary Perspective
· Video Link: Margaret Newman Theory Presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtpdUR8FV0
Who is Madeleine Leininger? What is her Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality?
· Website Link: The Transcultural Nursing Society
· Article Link: Mapping the literature of transcultural nursing
· Video: Madeleine Leininger Interview Part 1
· Video: Madeleine Leininger Interview Part 2
Who is Jean Watson? What is her Theory of Human Caring?
· Website Link: WATSON’S PHILOSOPHY AND SCIENCE OF CARING
· Evolution of Jean Watson’s Carative Factors/Caritas Processes Over Time
· Article Link: Healthcare interprofessional team members’ perspectives on human caring: A directed content analysis study
· Video: History of Caring Science at The University of Colorado College of Nursing
Discussion Question: Our two-part discussion question for this week is the following:
How does the theory of expanding consciousness apply to our healthcare society today? Our nursing population to provide care to a diverse population of patients. Please choose either Madeleine Leininger’s or Jean Watson’s theory and explain how their theory would apply closely to the patient population or working environment that you currently serve or work with.