Childhood Research Report Requirements:
A. Name of Disease/Illness/Disorder/Health Condition: Identify name, common and medical terms used.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· State a description of the Disease/Illness/Disorder/Health Condition.
· What is the causative agent? (name of pathogen, risk factors, behaviors)
· What is/are the mode(s) of transmission? How does the disease/Illness/Condition develop?
· What are the signs? (objective indicator(s), measurable, visible signs of illness such as rash, fever, bleeding, and/or the behavior)
· What are the symptoms? (subjective indicators of illness usually difficult to measure such as pain, fatigue, weakness, restlessness)
· Incubation period of disease? (time between pathogen entering system/body and the appearance of signs/symptoms).
· Communicable/Contagious period? (time period in which the disease can be spread from one person to another)
C. Incidence and Prevalence: Provide the incidence and prevalence of the Disease/Illness/Disorder/Health Condition. Are the numbers increasing or decreasing? Are there any trends?
· Are there treatments available?
· What is the treatment?
· Where and how is the Disease/Illness/Disorder/Health Condition treated?
· Discuss preventative measures that can be taken.
F. Community Impact:
· What is being done at the federal, state, and community level to prevent and treat this disease.
· Are there any community, school, research programs in place?
G. Implications for the Educator/Teacher:
· What types of actions/adjustments will a teacher in the school setting need to make for a child with the Disease/Illness/Disorder/Health Condition?
· Prevention: How could the school or classroom teacher prevent transmission?
· Classroom Environment: What modifications might be required?
· Adaptations of the curriculum: What types of curriculum changes will the teacher make for a student(s) with this disease/health condition?
· APA format
· Minimum 5 different sources – You may not use the class text as a source
· In text required
· Complete reference page
|Criteria||1= Does not meet expectations||2 = Meets some expectations||3 = Meets expectations||4 = Exceeds expectations||0 = Unable to score: incomplete|
|Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop simple ideas in some parts of the work.||Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop and explore ideas through most of the work.||Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to explore ideas within the context of the discipline and shape the whole work.||Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the subject, conveying the writer’s understanding, and shaping the whole work.|
|Meaningful Development of Ideas
|Ideas are unclear and/or not well-developed||Unelaborated ideas that are not fully explained or supported; repetitive details||Depth of thought supported by elaborated, relevant supportive evidence provides clear vision of the idea; contains details||Depth and complexity of thought supported by rich, pertinent details; supporting evidence leads to high-level idea development|
|Organization of Paper||Weak organization of ideas||Somewhat unfocused and/or unclear||Logical organization of ideas||Careful and relevant organization of ideas|
|Sentence Structure and Grammar||Unclear, incorrect, and/or ineffective sentence structure Multiple grammatical and stylistic errors||Simplistic and/or awkward sentence structure Some errors in grammar and/or format that do not interfere with clarity||Organized and complex sentence structure that has some stylistic variation Few grammatical and/or stylistic errors||Sentence structure is varied in composition and length Nearly error-free which reflects clear understanding and thorough proofreading|
|References||APA format – in text and reference list 1 reference used or more than 8 incorrect references||APA format – in text and reference list 2 different references used or 6-8 incorrect references||APA format – in text and reference list 3-4 different references used or 3-5 incorrect references||APA format – in text and reference list A minimum of 5 different references used and no more than 2 incorrect references|
Total Points Rubric Score x 2 _____