Assessment Task 3: Plan work priorities project
Complete the following activities:
- Using the Internet, research and choose a company that you would be interested in working for, as well as a job role within that company. The company and job role should be relevant to your course e.g. a bookkeeping or accountancy.
You will need to be able to access a position description and the company’s web site. Your assessor can provide you with assistance in identifying this information if you are having difficulty accessing such information.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Review the position description for the job role you have identified and write down, based on the position description, typical tasks for the job role. You should identify at least 15 tasks, all of which should be specific, for example, if you have selected a job role as an Accountant, the task may be to prepare budgets for a client.
3. Research technology and tools that managers can use to manage their work priorities. You should research at least three that you are able to describe and demonstrate how it assists in planning and prioritizing work.
4. Using one of the technologies you have researched, list of typical tasks for the job role, prepare a schedule for a typical week incorporating all of tasks you have identified for the role.
You will also need to show how during the week that you have factored in at least 30 minutes a day for relaxation to ensure a work-life balance. This can be any activity you choose.
Assume your working hours are from 9 am to 5 pm with a 30-minute lunch break and that your travel time to work each day is 30 minutes by train. You should also include at least 2 x 2 hour slots during your week to catch up on jobs not completed, as well as one staff meeting of 2 hours.
5. Send an email to your assessor.
When you have completed the above tasks, send an email to your assessor discussing the research you conducted and technologies you have identified to assist managers in planning and prioritizing work tasks.
Your email should include:
- A discussion of each of the technologies and their usefulness
- Include the weekly schedule using one of the technologies that you have researched and that incorporates all of the tasks in the list provided by your assessor and including at least 30 minutes of relaxation time each day. Show how you have organized your week to reflect the priority of each job.
Attach the work schedule that you developed to the email.
Assessment Task 4 Professional development planning
Complete the following activities:
- Consider your career aspirations in the financial services industry by researching the Internet to identify options.
For example, the following link provides information about the range of options:
2.Identify a career option that interests you and research the skills and experience that are need for this career. You should also research any licensing requirements relevant to the position.
3. Develop a professional development plan
Based on the career you have selected, develop a professional development plan for that career option assuming that you have just entered that career and you wish to develop your skills and experience. Assume also that your workplace has given you a budget of maximum $1,000 to participate in the professional development opportunities. Note, however, that some professional development opportunities may be free of charge.
Use the Professional Development Plan Template to structure your document.
Use the professional development plan to document the following:
- Your personal and professional goals for the next 12 months based on having just entered the career you have identified.
- Three professional development priorities – for each of the priorities identified you will also need to provide the reason/s why you have identified this as a priority and by when you would like to address the priority.
- Three professional development activities that you feel would meet the priorities you have identified. These should be professional development activities that would be completed in the next 12 months.
4. Write an email to your assessor.
The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.
It should summarise the contents of the attachment.
Attach your professional development plan to the email.