What are the implications of the research for clinical practice
This week, you are to complete a critical appraisal of one of your “keeper” articles as your discussion posting. Please be sure to include your Instructor-approved PICOT question to start the discussion.
Rapid Critical Appraisal checklists consisting of a set of simple but important questions. Below are sample questions developed for use with quantitative studies that are applicable to most appraisal situations (it’s important to note that qualitative evidence, if it’s relevant to the clinical question, should not be dismissed):
- Why was the study done? Make sure the study is directly relevant to the clinical question.
- What is the sample size? Size can and should vary according to the nature of the study. Since determining a valid minimum sample size in a single study can be difficult, taking into account multiple studies is beneficial.The answer to this question alone should not remove a study from the appraisal process.
- Are instruments of the variables in the study clearly defined and reliable? Make sure the variables were consistently applied throughout the study and that they measured what the researchers said they were going to measure.
- How was the data analyzed?Make sure that any statistics are relevant to the clinical question.
- Were there any unusual events during the study? If the sample size changed, for example, determine whether that has ramifications if you wish to replicate the study.
- How do the results fit in with previous research in this area? Make sure the study builds on other studies of a similar nature.
- What are the implications of the research for clinical practice? Ask whether the study addresses a relevant and important clinical issue.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now