Medical Surgical Nursing Old Questions
1. Biot’s Respiration is a characteristic manifestation of _______
(a) CSF leakage
(b) Dysfunction of Hypothalamus
(c) Increases ICP
(d) Increased MAP
2. Kernig’s sign and Brudzinski sign are elicited due to __________
(a) Menigeal tear
(b) Meningeal irritation
(c) Meningeal edema
(d) Meningeal fistula
3. Halo’s sign is characteristic sign that reveal_____
(a) Presence of blood in CSF
(b) Presence of CSF in Blood
(c) Presence of CSF in dressing material
(d) Presence of blood in dressing material
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. Among the following, which position has to be avoided for client suffering from increased Intra Cranial Pressure?
(a) Head Midline
(b) Head turned to one side
(c) Neck in neutral position
(d) Head of bed elevated to 30 degrees
5. Among the following, which intervention is most appropriate to decrease Increased Intra Cranial Pressure?
(a) Maintaining Hyperthermia
(b) Maintaining fluid balance
(d) Helminch maneuver
6. The clinical feature of spinal shock followed by spinal cord injury is _____________
(b) Positive reflexes
(c) Reflex emptying of the bladder
(d) Inability to elicit a Babinski’s reflex
7. The Nurse places the personal items of the hemiplegic patient at affected side as part of rehabilitation. This action is suggestive of ________problem identified by Nurse while performing assessment.
(a) Unilateral neglect
(b) Impaired Physical Mobility
(c) Activity Intolerance
8. Mr.X is admitted in Emergency Unit with the complaints of severe muscle weakness requires intubation. The history of the client reveals he is taking neostigmine for last 30 days. The type of crisis the client experiences is____
(a) Adrenergic crisis
(b) Parkinson’s crisis
(c) Myasthenia crisis
(d) Hypertensive crisis
9. The client is applied of cervical tongs for cervical injury in emergency department. What action that nurse should avoid while caring a client?
(a) Use of Rotorest bed
(b) Removing weights to reposition the client
(c) Assessing the weights for integrity
(d) Compare the ordered traction with amount in use
10. What instruction is most appropriate in patient with trigeminal neuralgia to prevent triggering the pain?
(a) Drink iced foods
(b) Avoid oral hygiene
(c) Apply warm compresses
(d) Chew on the unaffected side
11. The priority nursing intervention is a client after Bronchoscopy procedure for “Suspected malignancy” is _________
(a) Assessment Blood gas and SaO2
(b) Assessment the speech and voice.
(c) Assessment the site for internal bleeding.
(d) Send tissue specimen to the lab immediately for Biopsy.
12. The client was admitted in recovery unit after tonsillectomy. What type of changes in behavior of the patient that the Nurse should report to the surgeon immediately?
(a) Frequent complaints of thirst
(b) Frequent complaints of headache
(c) Frequent complaints of pain while swallowing
(d) Frequent complaints of swallowing of saliva
13. Peak Expiratory Flow Rate (PEFR) is an objective assessment that is done to identify the prognosis of _____________ client.
(c) Mechanically ventilated
14. The patient is choking due to suspected foreign body in upper airway. The maneuver that is performed immediately is ______
(a) Murphy Maneuver
(b) Epley maneuver
(c) Heimlich maneuver
(d) Semont maneuver
15. Among the following, which one is NOT the commonest cause of Hospital Acquired Pneumonia?
(a) Staphylococcus aureus
(b) Pseudomonus aeruginosa
(c) Klebisiella pnemoniae
(d) Hemophilis Influenza
16. Flail chest is refers to ___________
(a) On expiration Fractured rib segment bulges out
(b) On inspiration Fractured rib segment bulges out
(c) On expiration Fracture rib segment sucked in
(d) Abnormal cavitation of chest
17. Among the following, which one delivery system can deliver high concentration Oxygen?
(a) Partial rebreather mask
(b) Venturi Mask
(c) Non rebreather mask
(d) Simple mask
18. Postural drainage is commonly performed on _____client.
(a) Pleural effusion
(b) Pulmonary edema
19. Among the following clients, who is at the high risk of developing pulmonary embolism?
(a) Client who had pelvic fracture
(b) Client who received Aminophyline
(c) Client who had mechanically ventilated
(d) Client who had lobectomy surgery
20. The best assessment that helps to identify the lung expansion following the placement Intercostal drainage(water seal drainage) for a client who is suffering from Pnemothorax is ______
(a) Movement of fluid in chest tube while inspiration and expiration
(b) Presence of few air bubbles in water seal
(c) Chest X-ray
(d) Bilateral air entry in auscultation