Mental Health Nursing Objective Questions 6
Mental Health Nursing Objective Questions 6
1. The symptom that distinguish post traumatic disorder from other anxiety disorders would be ____
(a) Avoidance of situation
(b) Depression and blunt affect
(c) Lack of interest
(d) Experiencing dreams
2. Unresolved feelings and conflicts of the client is most likely to be recognized in which phase of nursepatient therapeutic relationship?
3. Which of the following would the nurse judge to be the primary goal of milleu management?
(a) Facilitate rehabilitation and recovery
(b) Achievement of the needs of the family members
(c) Addressing a Custodial needs of a client
(d) Fosters stimulation by implementation of physician orders
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. According to Sullivan’s Theory, The concept of Dynamism includes all EXCEPT _____
(a) Maladaptive behavior
5. A client states, “I don’t know what the pills are for or why I am taking them, so I don’t want them.” Which is an example of the therapeutic communication technique of “giving information”?
(a) “You must take your medication to get better.”
(b) “The doctor wouldn’t prescribe these pills if they were harmful.”
(c) “Do you feel this way about all your medications?”
(d) “Let me tell you about your medication.”
6. A depressed client discussing marital problems with the nurse says, “What will I do if my husband asks me for a divorce?” Which response by the nurse would be an example of therapeutic communication?
(a) “Why do you think that your husband will ask you for a divorce?”
(b) “You seem to be worrying over nothing. I’m sure everything will be fine.”
(c) “What has happened to make you think that your husband will ask for a divorce?”
(d) “Talking about this will only make you more anxious and increase your depression.”
7. A client states to the nurse, “I’m thinking about ending it all.” Which response by the nurse would be an example of therapeutic communication?
(a) “I’m sure you won’t hurt yourself.”
(b) “Wasn’t your wife just here during visiting hours?”
(c) “Why would you want to do something like that?”
(d) “You must be feeling very sad right now.”
8. Which statement is an example of the therapeutic communication technique “focusing”?
(a) “You say you’re angry, but I notice that you’re smiling.”
(b) “Are you saying that you want to drive to Hawaii?”
(c) “Tell me again about Vietnam and your feelings after you were wounded.”
(d) “I see you staring out the window. Tell me what you’re thinking.”
9. Which therapeutic communication exchange is an example of “reflection”?
(a) Client: “I get sad because I know I’m going to fail in school.” Nurse: “So, you start feeling depressed every time a new semester begins?”
(b) Client: “I forgot to get my prescription refilled.” Nurse: “It is important for you to take your medication as prescribed.”
(c) Client: “I hate my recent weight gain.” Nurse: “Have you considered Overeaters Anonymous?”
(d) Client: “I’m happy that I poisoned my husband.” Nurse: “You’re happy to have poisoned your husband?”
10. A client is taking chlorpromazine for the treatment of schizophrenia. The drug blocks the transmission of which of the following substances?
11. Electro convulsive therapy is mainly indicated for _____client
(a) Severe depression
(b) Chronic Schizophrenia
12. A client who has just had electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) asks the nurse for a drink of water. What is the MOST IMPORTANT intervention by the nurse?
(a) Assessment of voice
(b) Assessment of consciousness
(c) Assessment of gag reflex
(d) Checking the temperature of drinking water
13. Among the following, which one considered as Adverse effect of Electro Convulsive Therapy?
(b) Hypertensive crisis
(c) Cholinergic crisis
(d) Respiratory distress
14. Among the following side effects Benzodiazepines, Which one is NOT the common side effect of long term use?
(b) Anterograde amnesia
(d) Rebound insomnia
15. Among the following, which group of drug is commonly used for Blumia Nervosa to control the obsession symptoms?
(a) Nutritional supplements
(b) Anti depressants
(c) CNS stimulants
16. The example of Monoamine oxidase (MAOI) inhibitor is _______
17. The client is prescribed MAOI for depression like symptoms. The health teaching that should include avoiding _____
(a) Fermented Fish
18. The position that should be avoided to client who suffering from drug induced Hypertensive crisis__
(a) Supine and flat position without pillow
(b) Head end elevated to 30o angle without pillow.
(c) High Fowler Position with trocanter rolls
(d) Supine position and elevated head end to 60 degree angle
19. Among the following, which laboratory test is very important before initiating Lithium therapy for a young women suffering from mood disorder?
(a) Serum Lithium level
(b) Thyroid function test
(c) Liver Function test
(d) Cardiac Markers
20. Among the following diet modification, which one increases the risk of Lithium toxicity among the clients who is receiving Lithium therapy?
(a) Increased sodium intake
(b) Fluid intake 2 to 3 liters per day
(c) Decreased sodium intake
(d) Decreased intake of fats