Assignment 3: Observing and Analyzing Child Development
Understanding and describing children’s development and learning, cultivating careful observation skills, and the ability to analyze and describe insights about developmental characteristics form a critical foundation to your doctoral work.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this Assignment, which spans 1 week, you watch a video of children between the ages of birth and 5 that includes narration.
You can choose to either watch the narrated video again with no sound and narrate it yourself or watch it with the sound off and look for evidence that was not mentioned in the narration.
Based on your observation, you create your own narration. You will be assessed on your ability to provide insights and descriptions of children’s developmental characteristics.
Assignment Task to do
Carefully review developmental characteristics of children between the ages of birth and 5 in your Learning Resources, and watch the Laureate Education media segment Virtual Field Experience: The Developmental Continuum. Be sure to view the media segment several times, recording characteristics you will highlight in your narration.
Based on the narrated video, describe the developmental characteristics you observe of a child, or children, between birth and 2 and ages 3 and 5 when you watched without sound or made new insights.
You are required to provide a podcast narration or a transcript of the video that includes the following:
· A description of characteristics and milestones observed
· An overview of each developmental domain
· A description of the interrelationship between developmental domains
After completing your narration, write a 2-page summary paper that addresses the following reflection questions:
· How did the process of focusing on development complement your knowledge and interest in the field?
· What questions emerged for you during the process of observing development and narrating the video?
· What interests were sparked for you in terms of your future research?
· What concerns do you have related to possible assumptions one might make in the process of observing and narrating this segment and in other early childhood settings?