To frame the context for this assignment, consider the following questions: Leadership is hard; why? Perhaps the culprit is the tangential difference (disconnect?) between the intellectual, emotional, and inspirational decision relative to the problem. How do effective leaders reconcile the art and the science of decision making with the possibility of unintended consequence?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Find a case study on a business, social, or psychological “problem” in which a decision yielded an unintended consequence. In 1,400-1,500 words, analyze the unintended consequence(s) of that decision. Describe the process of decision making that was used in this instance and why that process led to the decision that was made. Despite the unintended consequence(s), were the decisions ethical at the time they were made?
Consider the following areas of concentration for effective decision making:
2. Cost of indecisiveness.
3. Collaboration: strength and/or weaknesses.
4. Unintended consequence: Inherited feature in the decision-making process.
5. Recommendations or reconciliations to avoid unintended consequences.
Example case studies include, but are not limited to:
1. Unintended Consequence: Business
3. Corporate Governance Reform and CEO Compensation
4. Invasion of Iraq
5. The Affordable Healthcare Act
Unintended Consequence: Social
1.Communism for Neighborhood Relations
2. Civil Rights Act of 1964
3. Cuban Missile Crisis
4. Employer Layoffs
5. End-of-Life Care
6. Health Care Reform
7. Immigration Act of 1965
8. Large-Scale Iron Ocean Fertilization
9. Rise of International Criminal Law
10. Transportation Security (TSA) Administration Policies
11. Youth Bike Helmet Laws
Unintended Consequence: Psychological
1. Gender Aspects of Conflict Interventions (Bosnia, Somalia, etc.)
2. Women in the Workforce
3. The Workforce Investment Act
*Use 4-5 scholarly references
* References with Permalink a Most
*No Dot Com
*Prepare this assignment in the APA Style Guide.
* Use the Rubric This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.